GET YOUR CAR TUNE UP IN NEW BRAUNFELS BEFORE WINTER
Cars are not so different from humans: they also need to prepare for every season accordingly. This is especially true when the winters come; cars are prone to breakdowns and accidents without proper maintenance. If you want to get a car tune up in New Braunfels for the winter, follow the given checklist to make sure your car is ready for the upcoming weather. To avoid additional repair costs due to neglected maintenance, you can get your car tuned up by a professional mechanic and take your car on icy roads without worry. Read on to know all the items that you need to cross off your winter checklist for your car.
Winter Checklist for Car Tune Up in New Braunfels
Here is a checklist that will prepare your car for the winter season:
- Battery: The first thing to get checked before the winter season is your car’s battery. Cold weather can take a toll on batteries, making it hard for the car to power up every morning. It’s important to have an optimal battery and charging system to avoid any breakdowns later. You can use a tester to check the battery’s power, but it would be a more thorough checkup if you take it for a car tune up in New Braunfels. Most of the computerized parts of the vehicle are powered by the battery, so it’s safe to get it checked professionally.
- Brakes: Regardless of the season, brakes should always be on your checklist before you visit a mechanic’s shop. They are the essential safety system of a vehicle, and seasonal changes can affect their performance. Before the winter season tests your car’s brake system, you can get the brake pads and fluid checked by a mechanic. You can also replace the brake pads for better control of the car on slippery roads.
- Oil: If you change your vehicle’s oil regularly, you can prevent grime buildup and engine overheating. It also improves fuel efficiency and keeps the engine in great shape, which is very important during the winter season. Oil usually gets thick in cold temperatures, so it becomes difficult to maintain proper working on the car. However, if you get the oil changed during your car tune up in New Braunfels, you can prevent the winter weight of the oil from affecting the car’s internal systems.
- Tires: Tires are put to the test during the winter months to make sure the passengers have a comfortable ride. Yet, if the tires are incapable of kicking snow away from the track, it can lead to a high maintenance bill. To prevent this from happening, you can either rotate the tires right before winter or switch to winter tires. You can also check the tire pressure every week to avoid frequent trips to the auto shop.
- Wiper Blades: While checking for car maintenance, wiper blades do not get as much attention as they should. But they are important for the winter season. Winter precipitation can block the clear view from the windshield, and it becomes a tough job to clean it if the wiper blades are not up for the task. When you get a car tune up in New Braunfels before winter this year, make sure you get the wiper blades checked. If you’ve had them for more than six months, changing them before winter is a good idea.
- Headlights: Winter months have shorter days, as it gets darker sooner than any other month. This leads to more driving in the dark, which makes the use of headlights more crucial. Before the winter season arrives, you can get your car’s interior and exterior lights checked. If the headlights are not as bright as they used to be, then you can ask the mechanic for a thorough cleaning or replace them if needed.
- Heater and Defroster: Last but certainly not least for winter car care! The heater and defroster can malfunction during the winter, especially if the outside temperature is too low. Before the temperature drops below freezing point and you find out that the heater is not working properly, you can get a car tune up in New Braunfels for maintenance. Make sure the heater and defroster are ready for the winter season.
Where To Get Your Winter Car Tune-Up In New Braunfels, TX
Going through the checklist to ensure your car is ready for the winter season can help you avoid a hefty repair bill. Not only that, but you also get to enjoy warm car rides with no maintenance hassles. Stay safe this winter by keeping your car well maintained! We invite you to get in touch with the professional auto service center at ValMark Chevy in New Braunfels for your next winter tune-up. You can easily schedule auto service online so your tune-up is done in accordance with your busy schedule. Our professional auto service technicians will be friendly, honest, and efficient.